Download Termux PC for free from GeeksForPC. Fredrik Cornwall has released the Termux application for mobile devices with the Android operating system. However, it is possible to download and install Termux for PC or computers with operating systems such as Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Mac.
Termux combines a powerful terminal emulation with an extensive collection of Linux packages.
- Enjoy the bash and zsh shells.
- Edit files with nano and vim.
- Access servers via ssh.
- Develop in C with clang, make and gdb.
- Use the Python console as a calculator.
- Consult projects with Git and Subversion.
- Run text-based games with frotz.
First, as a small basic system is downloaded: The desired packages can be installed with the apt package manager. Also to Access built-in help by long-pressing anywhere on the terminal and selecting the Help menu option for more information.
But Let’s take a look at the prerequisites for installing Termux on a Windows PC or MAC computer without great delay.
Choose an Android Emulator: Also there are many free and paid Android emulators for PC and MAC, some of the most popular are Bluestacks, Andy OS, Nox, MeMu and more you can find on Google.
Compatibility: Before downloading, read the minimum system requirements to install the emulator on your PC.
The following operating systems are required for BlueStacks: Also, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 (only 32 bit), Mac OS Sierra (10.12), High Sierra (10.13) and Mojave (10.14) , 2-4 GB RAM, 4 GB hard disk space for storing Android applications/games, updated graphics drivers.
Finally, download and install the emulator that is suitable for your PC hardware/software.
Install BlueStacks Android Emulator on Windows / Mac
- Visit our Guide to go through your PC browser
- Click on the download button and the website automatically recognizes whether it is Windows or Mac
- Download the EXE installation file and run it as administrator
- This will install the BlueStacks Android emulator and you can proceed to the next step.
It is worth noting that the download of BlueStacks is a trial version and you have to purchase the full version. However, you can still use it for free by watching video ads and installing the applications you’re promoting.
Install Termux on Bluestacks:
There are two ways to install the Termux application on BlueStacks.
a. Use of the Google Play Store in BlueStacks
yes Install Termux directly from a previously downloaded APK file on the PC.
A. Use the Play Store
- Start the BlueStacks application and navigate to the store icon
- Click on it and you will be asked to add a Google account
- Enter a valid Google email address and password and click Next to open the Google Play Store
- On the Search tab, also type Termux and click Enter to search
- Click the first application in the list. Make sure the developer is Fredrik Firewall to avoid downloading fake applications.
- Click Install and wait for the application to install.
That’s it, you successfully installed Termux from the Play Store.
B. Directly from the PC
Sometimes we want to avoid logging into BlueStacks with the Google account. Also, there is some good news is that there are many websites from which you can download the Termux apk file. Below are some reliable links that you can use to download the apk file. ApkPure, ApkMirror.
Once you’ve downloaded the Termux file to your computer;
- If you double click on it, BlueStacks will start automatically and you will be asked to install it.
- If you don’t, right-click on the apk file and open it with. From here you can select BlueStacks and continue with the installation.
- Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the apk file into the main BlueStacks tab.
The main disadvantage of downloading the Termux application from third-party websites is that you may have an earlier version of the application that may not support the commands you want to run on your device. You must also update the application manually when a new version is available. You can also download a virus. It is therefore always advisable to keep the firewall switched on and up to date.